GLOBE is for people who care passionately about our local environment.
- working to improve and protect green spaces for the benefit of wildlife and local residents.
- taking practical action on the ground as well as influencing policy and planning decisions.
Our activities include:
- Practical events such as tree and hedge planting, rubbish clearance, graffiti removal and walks.
- Encouraging Councillors and Council Officers to take action to improve the local environment.
- Monitoring and commenting on planning applications and consultations on issues such as landscaping, flood risk, wildlife conservation, light pollution and visual impact.
- Working with other local community, residents and conservation groups to further common aims.
- Used battery collection for recycling from 5 locations
Caversham GLOBE works in all parts of Reading Borough north of the Thames as well as adjoining areas along the riverside and into South Oxfordshire. We are an independent community-based group with a small Reading Borough Council grant. We are one of several GLOBE groups set up in Reading in the mid- 1990s following the Rio Earth Summit.
GLOBE Meetings & Mailing List
We meet each month to talk about local issues and make decisions (see Diary page for dates). Anyone is welcome to the meetings which are held in the upstairs hall at: Church House, 59 Church Street, Caversham RG4 8AX (by Prospect Street mini roundabout) Click here to open Map in New window. To be added to our mailing list please email, phone or write with your contact details and areas of interest. (see Contacts page). We have no annual subscription, all we ask is for your interest, support, ideas, expertise and energy.