GLOBE is for people who care passionately about our local environment.
- working to improve and protect green spaces for the benefit of wildlife and local residents.
- taking practical action on the ground as well as influencing policy and planning decisions.
Our activities include:
- Practical events such as tree and hedge planting, rubbish clearance, graffiti removal and walks.
- Encouraging Councillors and Council Officers to take action to improve the local environment.
- Monitoring and commenting on planning applications and consultations on issues such as landscaping, flood risk, wildlife conservation, light pollution and visual impact.
- Working with other local community, residents and conservation groups to further common aims.
- Refubishing and planting the 22 wooden planter boxes in Central Caversham
Caversham GLOBE works in all parts of Reading Borough north of the Thames as well as adjoining areas along the riverside and into South Oxfordshire. We are an independent community-based group with a small Reading Borough Council grant. We are one of several GLOBE groups set up in Reading in the mid- 1990s following the Rio Earth Summit.
GLOBE Meetings & Mailing List
We meet each month to talk about local issues and make decisions (see Diary page for dates). Anyone is welcome to the meetings which are held in the upstairs hall at: Church House, 59 Church Street, Caversham RG4 8AX (by Prospect Street mini roundabout) Click here to open Map in New window. To be added to our mailing list please email, phone or write with your contact details and areas of interest. (see Contacts page). We have no annual subscription, all we ask is for your interest, support, ideas, expertise and energy.
- With the help of the Bina restaurant, the Caversham Traders Association donated ..
- GLOBE receives certificate for 25 years of ‘Outstanding & Continued comittment to improving the local area’Caversham GLOBE were very pleased to receive this award at RESCUE event celebrating ..
- As most GLOBE members will know, Reading Borough council are preparing the ..
- Several items of flytipping and old metal road signs dredged out of ..
- In April 2011 Reading Borough Council (RBC) told Caversham GLOBE that, due ..
- Many of you will know that Lafarge Aggregates, and its predecessors Redland ..
- Caversham GLOBE’s Annual Report for the calendar year 2013 has now been ..
- Reading RESCUE 2014 [Rivers and Environmental Spaces Clean-Up Event]. Caversham GLOBE has ..
- The dates have now been confirmed for meetings of Caversham GLOBE Group ..
- The annual spring RESCUE (Rivers and Environmental Spaces Clean Up Event), which ..
- Local residents and GLOBE supporters will be invited to help with this ..
- Three Caversham GLOBE activists resorted to a boat on the Thames in ..
- A big “thank you” is due to twenty two Caversham GLOBE supporters ..
- The annual RESCUE (Rivers and Environmental Spaces Cleanup Event) is taking place ..
- Caversham GLOBE’s Annual Report for the year 2010 has now been published ..
- A big “thank you” is due to twenty Caversham GLOBE supporters who ..
- The annual RESCUE (Rivers and Environmental Cleanup Event) has arrived. Caversham GLOBE ..
- On Monday 8th November Caversham GLOBE will be carrying out a thorough ..
- Caversham Globe’s Annual Report for the year 2009 has been published today ..